Is your Laundry Room Childproof? Anything within your child's reach can end up in his or her hands and mouth. Don't forget to check for safety hazards in your laundry room.
Here are some great safety tips:
- Keep laundry detergent and other cleaning products in their original packaging
- Call Poison Control for Help 800-222-1222
- Store all cleaning products in locked cabinets or containers, out of sign and reach of children
- Install safety latches that lock when you close the door on child-accessible cabinets.
- Never let your children touch single-use laundry packets. The packets dissolve quickly when in contact with water, wet hands or saliva
- Always follow the instructions on the product label
- Use childproof locks on front-loading washers and dryers
- Make sure laundry chute doors are childproof
- Keep irons and iron cords out of reach of children
Info from AAP