Thursday, July 21, 2016
Posted by Mandy at 8:51 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Due to High Demand we are announcing our next CPR Training Class
For our Patients (12 years and older) and Parents
Saturday August 20th
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
@ Willow Creek Pediatrics
To register for the class call 801-942-1800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a $10 fee to hold your spot for this class. It will be refunded on day of the class upon attendance.
**This is a basic CPR/First Aid course, not a CPR certification**
Posted by Mandy at 2:34 PM
Friday, July 1, 2016
We hope you all have a fun and safe Fourth of July weekend. We will be in the office Saturday, Sunday and Monday to see SICK urgent care for our patients. Our phones will turn on at Saturday and Sunday at 8:00 am and we will see patients for a few hours. Also on Monday 4th of July we will turn the phones on at 8:30 and see sick patients in the morning. Please remember safety this weekend and Happy 4th of July!
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Have we seen you lately??.....Did you know that the current recommendations for the American Academy of Pediatrics are for children to get a well child exam annually?
Well-child care also is a chance to raise questions and concerns about your child’s development, behavior, and general well-being — questions that are difficult to discuss during sick visits. For instance, pediatricians are used to discussing common concerns with parents such as eating, sleeping, toilet training, social behaviors, as well as attention and learning problems. Having regular well-child visits with your child’s doctor and raising the concerns that matter most to you are key ingredients in helping the doctor know you and your child, and in forming a reliable and trustworthy relationship.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Department of Research recently conducted 20 focus groups with parents and 31 focus groups with pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners to gather recommendations about how to make the most of the well-child office visit.
From these sessions, four themes emerged:
- Pediatricians and parents share the goal of healthy children.
- Pediatricians want the well-child visit to best serve the needs of children and their families.
- Pediatricians are experts in child health, but parents are experts on their child.
- A team approach can best develop optimum physical, emotional, and developmental health for the child.
- It may seem early in the year to even think about scheduling your child's check up, but this is when the busy season starts! All children who are entering kindergarten or middle school, who have not had a well child exam within the past year will need one before they register for school! So if you have not done so already, please call the office as soon as possible to schedule your child's well visit!
Remember a lot of school sports, scouts and other team activities require a Well Child Exam also so make sure you call our office to book your appointment.
Posted by Mandy at 12:18 PM
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Posted by Mandy at 7:05 PM
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
We recently had a wonderful celebration for Wasatch Pediatrics! Willow Creek Pediatrics is one of the 8 offices under the direction of Wasatch Pediatrics and we just celebrated our 20th year together. To celebrate this milestone we held a 5 K with our families and with the help of "Make A Wish", we were able to give away a gift to a very deserving little girl! Here are some highlights--It is wonderful to work for such a great company. Here is to another 20 years!
Posted by Mandy at 1:47 PM