Children Act Fast....So do Poisons
- Over 50% of calls to poison centers involve children 6 Years and younger. Keep medicine locked up and out of reach
- Keep cleaning supplies and medicines locked up and away from children.
- When it comes to poison prevention, child-resistant is not child-proof. Layer the protection: re-seal, lock up, out of sign and reach
- Tell children what medicine is and why you must be the one to give it to them. Never call medicine "candy" to get them to take it
- Keep the Poison Control line number handy. Save it to your cell phone also
- Poison centers are Fast, Confidential, and give expert medical advice 24/7 for free
- More than 90 percent of cases from the public can be managed over the phone without a hospital visit.
- Poison Centers save $1.8 billion a year by keeping people out of hospitals and getting them back to work and school sooner.